There has been much written about the epidemic of students “graduating from church”. The statistics are out there where we are seeing a number of students leaving the church after high school…and while I have my theories, my goal of this post is to look at the positive, with your help. As I begin to follow God’s leading in developing College/Singles, College & Career, Young Adults (whatever you want to call it)…I’d love to hear what has worked for your ministry, or even what has not worked. Teach me. Here are some questions:
- What structure has worked in your ministry to college/singles? Time? Location?
- What curriculum/studies have you used? What has worked best? DVD study? Topical Studies?
- How have you been able to connect with parachurch organization on campus like Campus Crusade and Navigators?
- What is the best method of contacting this age group – email, facebook, text…I’m smart enough to know that talking over the phone is so 2007.
- What events have been successful? What times?
- How are you able to keep college students that are away connected? Do you do something special in the summer/winter break?
I’ve got more questions, but I think this is a good start. Would love to hear what God is doing in your ministry to young adults. Have a blessed day.