10 Things I learned today about the Millennial Generation
Tagged Bill Shock, Facebook, texting
- Most would be more upset at losing cell phone than wallet, claiming cell phone is more valuable.
- Those that attend church more than 4 times a month are 4 times less likely to smoke, 2 times less likely to drink, and 3 times less likely to use drugs.
- Those that have family dinners with their family are 4 times less likely to smoke, 2 times less likely to drink, and 2.5 times less likely to use drugs.
- 87 percent favored watching TV and movies online instead of subscribing to a cable service
- 76 percent spent more than an hour a day on Facebook
- Several studies coming out that say those that use Facebook are more likely to use drugs/drink. (This one is tough to believe since everyone uses facebook)
- Teenagers of this generation will text on average 5 times more than adults.
- One poll says 80% of teens sleep with their cell phones.
- Who Bill Shock is…(Think about your cell phone use)
- Girls between 14-17 are the most frequent texters, averaging 100 texts a day.