- Teens would rather give up their sense of smell than not have their social networking sites. (53% said yes!) Can’t wait to hear the result of hearing loss vs. texting…could be close.
- Teens would rather have Facebook than access to a car (56% agree with this). Ever heard of Bluetooth?
- What do actresses and teen internet users have in common? Half of them lie about their age.
- Modern Warfare 3 reached sales of 1 billion faster than any entertainment of all time…see ya Avatar.
- A recent survey of teens showed that 7.3% had experienced multi-person sexual activity. This breaks my heart! We need to talk to our teens about purity, both practically & spiritually!
- Take a look at the common topics on girl’s blogs/social network sites: BoysSchoolMusicBooksTVMoviesClothesBulliesBeautyWeightFriendsParentsChangingtheWorldNewsCelebritiesGames/GamingSportsShopping“ME”. Moral of the story: We need to add Jesus to this list.
- 72% of households play video games. How many of these households hold family devotions? How many of these parents need our encouragement?
- 88% of teens have witness bullying on the internet.
- MTV…well just read this article and let your jaw drop – http://www.parentstv.org/PTC/publications/reports/MTV-RealityStudy/MTVRealityStudy_Dec11.pdf
- We need to pray for our teens!
(Note: Many of these articles came from the CPYU youth culture e-update. If you are not signed up for it, it is a must for anyone in student ministry or parent of a teenager – sign up here)