All you pastors and youth workers out there, what do you want to confess? Things that have been hidden in your heart that you want to get out there so others can hear you, encourage you, and help you realize you are not the only one. Hey guess what, you are human, and you are not Doug Fields…so you may encounter some difficulties or feel inadequate. Now is the time to share. So, on the count of three, I am going to take off my sandals and jump in the deep end…no matter how cold it is. 1…2…3…
- I’m scared of the day when the students see me as old, out of touch, or not relevant.
- There are times when I feel way under-qualified to preach on a Sunday.
- I still ask my wife if I did ok after almost every lesson.
- I write down every word of my lesson for fear of drawing a blank.
- I wonder if my kids grow up to be in my youth group, will they like it?
I think that is good for now. Now it’s your turn…what do you want to confess? It feels good to take the swimmies off and jump in. Give it a try!