We have a problem here people. John 14:6 does not say, “There are many ways, many truths, and many lives”…it actually says there is only “ONE way, ONE truth, and ONE life”, and that is Jesus Christ. So why is it that in a survey done by Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life: 57 percent of evangelical church attenders said they believe many religions can lead to eternal life. Yikes! To find out more how our the strength of Christianity is declining and tolerance is increasing, go here.
But you know this is an issue…so how do we stop this thinking? Here are five reasons a student or you can use to combat the notion that all roads lead to heaven. Feel free to use them to help promote a proper Biblical and Christian worldview in your young people. It’s becoming a lost art…but it can be found.
5 Reasons Why There is Only One Way to Heaven (besides because the Bible says):
- Okay, it’s like if one person says dog + cat = dog. Another person says dog + hippo = dog. Sorry, it is dog + dog = dog. You can’t take 2 different components and hope to get the same answer…and you can’t hope two completely different beliefs/religions can get the same result!
- Most religions had their origin later in history…if that is truth than what happened to those in history before their religion? Christianity begins @ creation, most religions can’t claim that.
- Most religions require you to do something to get to heaven…what happens if you don’t do enough? Christianity is all about what Christ did, more on that later.
- Most religions have a leader that is no longer living…Christianity has a Savior that rose from the dead.
- If there is more than one way to heaven…then why did Jesus have to die!
Feel free to add, critique, or discuss. Let’s help our next generation understand there is only one way…it could be a matter of life or death!