As the saying goes, “if you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” It’s a saying that goes through my mind during this time of year. Sure, God can re-direct, and we should always be willing to change our plans according to his direction. But it is also wise to plan ahead and cast vision for the upcoming year. Below are 8 goals that I have set for my 2015 ministry year…hoping they can provide you some inspiration as well. Feel free to comment below with some of your goals!
- WIN Event—Continue to broaden worldview of students by teaching students the needs of the world. Also, provide an interactive learning experience where they research the world needs on their own.
- Co-Mission Expansion—Collaborate with other youth pastors to plan a mission project or allow students to form community projects together.
- New Events—These new events for students include CedarMania and a trip to the Creation Museum.
- Community Reach—Continue the reach into community by working with a local school in a summer mission project.
- Junior High Ministry—Continue to expand Junior High Ministry into more than Sunday School, but provide events just for Junior High.
- Informal Hangout—This is a common request from teens. Add another “Hangtime”, and pursue opportunities to hang out with teens outside of church.
- Student Led Mission Trip—Provide an opportunity for leadership students to lead a mission project over the summer.
- Internship Track—Begin to develop ideas for future interns such as reading material, assignments, and training.