This past week I was able to attend the Vision for Youth – National Youth Ministries Conference. Clarks Summit University hosted speakers from all over, training youth workers and pastors in youth ministry. Here are a few of the highlights of what I learned:
- PTA – Looking for a way to serve the local schools…how about joining the PTA? What a great idea! Why didn’t I think of that?
- Community – Build a community around myself to challenge, keep me accountable, and encourage growth.
- Technology – Use Animoto.com for PowerPoint, Adobe Premiere Elements as a cheap way to edit videos, graphics for PowerPoint from church media drop, Graceway Media, or church media spot.
- Youth Leaders – Be intentional at using your leaders in a way that uses their gifts.
- Reach out – Be willing to reach out into your community. The mission field is growing, and it is often not coming into your church building.
- Calling – Don’t just seek your potential, but your calling in ministry. When you do, that’s when mighty things can happen.
- Junior High – As it says in this video, this is a key time for spiritual development. Make the middle school years a priority in your church.
Maybe you can attend next year! Check out the ministry of vision for youth, and see if they can of help to you in your youth ministry… http://vfyouth.org/