As a youth pastor, youth culture is a passion of mine. Throughout the year, I do my best to stay current with the trends, cultural shifts, and behavior of this generation. Here is a summary or review of the youth culture in 2013:
- Violence and bullying is a growing problem among teenagers. (Dating Violence; Teen kindness & cruelty; Teen Violence; E-Venge)
- Social Media is taking over…As if you didn’t know. (Social Media Report; Information Age; Boys & Girls Messages)
- Pornography use is just going to get worse and worse, as it gets more accessible. (ABC News Report; What Parents Don’t Know; Biggest Issue of Teenagers Today)
- Cell Phones used to be for safety…now becoming more dangerous – From car accidents to easy internet access. (Sleep Texting; Internet Use on Mobile Phones; Texting & Driving; Smartphones Causing Dementia?
- They like to play video games…a lot. (Gaming Addiction; Call of Duty; Grand Theft Auto Sales)