Each year, I compile a list of goals for the coming year. One piece of advice, have a list on your phone or cork-board in your office where you write these ideas all throughout the previous year. That way, when you sit down at your computer in December, you’re not lost for ideas.
Here’s the list for 2019. Can’t wait to get started!
- Inter-generational Service Projects—Encourage more adult & teen service involvement, including helping plan events.
- New Writing Project—God continues to provide writing opportunities through book sales and blog articles for youth ministry, and this coming year working towards another book opportunity.
- Summer Camp—One of my bucket list items—speaking at a summer camp! And I get to bring teens, what a deal!
- Theology Enrichment—Review of theological textbooks and attendance of a theological/preaching conference.
- Pastoral Training Course—After a decade in the ministry, I’d like to write down some lessons I’ve learned and wisdom I’ve received from others, and put this in a training course to help those new to ministry.
- Teen Mentoring—While the goal of adults mentoring teens continues to be a goal, I’d like to see more teens mentoring younger students. Leadership teens will be expected to mentor younger teens, and younger teens will learn to be a mentor and example to younger kids.
- International Trip—Mission Trip to Germany this summer serving alongside missionaries our church supports.
What are some goals you have for the coming year?