Here are some specific and practical goals for the coming year that God has placed on my heart. Looking forward to what God will do with these things…
1. “Bible Doing” – We know what a Bible Study is, but what about a “Bible Doing”. It is taking a passage of Scripture and going out and doing it! (Idea taken from book “Love Does”)
2. Wedding & Funeral Message Outlines/Scripts – This is something that has been on my mental list for some time. Now it is time to get this together.
3. Music Training Class – With my guitar player graduating this year, I look at my youth group and see very little musical ability. Singing maybe, but not instrumental. Part of my responsibility is to train our young people in ministry…well this may need to start in elementary, so they are ready to play in the praise band in junior high or high school.
4. Junior High Mission Trip – Local trip where junior high students can participate. Evaluate whether this can continue from year to year.
5. Community Project – Connect with neighborhoods and communities, find needs and do what we can as a church to meet those needs.
6. Host “Ask Your Leaders” Night – Provide a night where students can ask those questions on their mind, address doubts, and converse about questions that may not come up in regular discussions.
7. Sunday School Rehab – Conduct Sunday school in a way that promotes the gifts of the teacher; evaluate forming a junior high Sunday school
8. Equip Parents/Families – Continue/Broaden Spiritual Growth Planning, Parent Seminar/Meetings, other Parent training opportunities
9. Continue Inter-generational and Discipleship Ministry– Find ways where generations can minister to each other, promote mentoring/discipleship